Pages

Tuesday 14 June 2011

On The Up!

Since Monday dinner time I have felt very close to normal. I would even go as far as to say that I bet that marks the return of my white blood cells to their rightful ratio.

All of my low immunity problems seem to be resolving themselves, with the help of antibiotics no doubt. So grateful! The operation that may have been will not be. And the wound under my arm (where the lymph nodes were removed), which was looking angry and red has also settled. Relief! In an earlier post, I remember sharing that we were just getting good news all the time. Today was another day of good news!

An overused phrase I know, but totally appropriate here, "But, there's still more!" Through an unfortunate turn of events, but fortunate for me (selfish much?), I will be sharing my last two chemo treatments with a dear friend. Imagine if we get to sit together? Woohoo! Yes, how my life has changed that I would exclaim over seating arrangements in Day Care.

Well, it's a short one today. Tomorrow, I look forward to friends visiting. A special treat. It has been quite a few days since I have allowed myself to be in close proximity with other germy humans. As I type this, I take a moment to put my hands through my hair and notice a few strands willingly hanging onto my hand. Again and again. No clumps yet though... Is there a chance that I won't lose it all?

My hair is hanging in there and you know what? So am I.

No comments:

Post a Comment