Friday, 15 July 2011

Day 2 and Day 3

The last two days have been hard. Fortunately, the husband has been home.

On Thursday I awoke with a slimy mouth. It's gross. I got to have a sleep in as the husband did the morning breakfast routine. Then, when child number two had a nap, in the morning, the husband took child number one out. It was bliss to be asleep in a quiet house. But, I have to admit that before I did have a shower and get back into bed, I quickly swept the floor and did a general tidy up. Why? I don't know. It just made me feel a little better.

By the time, I was ready for my afternoon nap I had a sore tummy to contend with. I was just feeling miserable. It's pretty sad when you get so low that the laughter of your children or their cuddles don't bring up the usual warm fuzzies. It's very sad.

I ate gluten free bread, but it didn't do the trick. Nothing did. I wanted to eat, but nothing tasted right. I was so glad when the end of the day came.

The day closed with that awful taste of chemo saliva. When I had a shower, I spat so much. Sleep, I knew, would bring reprieve...

I spent much of the night on my tummy wide awake. I refused to look at the time and I resisted the urge to watch television, which was only going to stimulate my mind. When Friday morning did come, I was immediately struck with aches and pains in my arms.

This was the first time I had experienced this side effect. For the past few weeks, I had been questioning my friend, who gets them quite bad, to describe it. No need, I get it. Although, I have to be grateful that I have only had it in my arms. (Some people get the aches and pains throughout their body!) My arms have been sore to move and sore to touch.

On the upside though, I got breakfast in bed. It didn't taste like it should but I ate it anyway.

Much of today has been spent in bed. I had a burst of energy just after dinner, but that energy has waned.

Days 1-3 are history. I'm over them both! Next!

No comments:

Post a Comment