Pages

Sunday 21 August 2011

Eve

'Twas the night before radiation...

I was feeling nervous about rads. Now, it seems, that the nervousness has disappeared. This is me. I won't be nervous now until I see the sign directing me to my appointment. Then, well, I will probably want to cry. Not out of being upset but, because I will be scared; of the unknown of course.

For the next six weeks, weights are out. I would like to think that I will still have the energy to do exercise though. Sigh.

I'm excited to be starting my Whole30 (whole9life.com/2011/06/whole-30-v4/) tomorrow. I am very much looking forward to it. While on chemo, I cheated and had gluten-free biscuits and ice-cream. So, I definitely feel that I need to dedicate a month to eating clean. After the thirty days, I will be keen to just keep going on the paleo regime, with the addition of the occasional bacon, sausages and dark chocolate. To farewell old habits I had Mark Sisson's Dark Chocolate Coconut Mousse tonight (marksdailyapple.com). Yum.

I have used my homemade laundry powder (recipe below). The clothes seemed to be clean when I took them out of the machine. Unfortunately, all of my clothes are still on the line because of the rain. Hopefully, I will be able to bring the washing in tomorrow and really examine the results. In the next batch I will definitely seek out a fragrance to add to the powder. I am on my way to a chemical-free home!

And so, the last leg of my journey begins.

LAUNDRY POWDER
4 cups borax
2 cups soap flakes (or 2 cups grated soap)
2 cups washing soda
2 cups baking soda
(essential oil optional)
Mix well.
Keep in an airtight container.
Use 1/8 cup per full load.


No comments:

Post a Comment